Monday, September 10, 2007

Life Will Be Better Tomorrow

One of my favorite authors is Dr. Maya Angelou. I have read several books and articles about her, and really appreciate her words of wisdom. She has lead a full and exciting life, but not unlike the rest of us, it has been a life with her share of ups and downs. So, when she talks, she is speaking from life experience. Here are a few of my favorite sayings from Dr. Maya Angelou, that help me to keep a CHEERFUL DISPOSITION:

"I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow."

"I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance."

"I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw some things back."

"I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision."

"I've learned that I still have a lot to learn."

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."


Her words of wisdom transcend age, gender, or race. There is something that everyone can benefit from. Her words maybe simple and honest, but they are also full of wisdom. No wonder, Ladies Home Journal named Dr. Maya Angelou one of the 30 most powerful women in America, in 2001. Taking her words of wisdom to heart, will help each of us to maintain a CHEERFUL DISPOSITION.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Google