Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The Man Who Thinks He Can

This is one of my favorite old-time motivational pieces. Everyone goes through times when you feel unsure of yourself or your abilities, and sometimes you feel defeated even before you have begun a venture. So, this is one I like to refer to from time-to-time, to remind myself that I can do whatever I set my mind to do.
THE MAN WHO THINKS HE CAN
If you think you are beaten, you are;
If you think you dare not, you don't.
If you like to win, but think you can't,
It's almost a cinch you won't.
If you think you'll lose, you're lost,
For out in the world we find
Success begins with a fellow's will;
It's all in the "state of mind."
If you think you are outclassed, you are;
You've got to think high to rise.
you've got to be sure of yourself before
You can even win a prize.
Life's battles don't always go
To the stronger or faster man;
But soon or late the man who wins,
Is the man who thinks he can.
----Walter D. Wintle

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Google