Thursday, September 6, 2007

The Power of Change

There are circumstances in my life that I would like to change. But sometimes it seems like you are struck in a rut, that often has more to do with the mindset than the actual situation. So, like alot of people, I have to continually remind myself that I can change my circumstances, the power is within my hands. That is why I really enjoy this poem by Barbara J. Hall:


The Power of Change

Is in Your Hands


Life is a set of circumstances that you can change, improve,
and make better day by day. It's your decision; it's in your hands.
Just like the potter at the wheel, you are the force that turns
and moves the clay into a thing of beauty. Like the painter's
brush depicting something fresh and new and picturesque,
you can create the scenery that's best for you.


Each person has the power to take control
of every circumstance in life -----
to change, improve, and make it better day by day.
Not one of us can say:
"I must accept whatever comes my way,"
because the way we choose to go through life is our decision.
The power of change is always in your hands.
----Barbara J. Hall
I have the power to change circumstances in my life, and so does everyone else who chooses to.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Google